Tuesday 22 October 2019

Jan B's tips on identifying the right sandwich for each embossing folder I sell in my online store. Thanks Jan love it!.

Quick Tip – Identifying Embossing Folders

OCT
Hello, Crafters.
I hope you’ve enjoyed a fabulous weekend. We have enjoyed a quiet “domestic” weekend together. I did a lot of crafting yesterday, including making customer thank you cards in preparation for the end of the month. I also managed to squeeze in a card to share, but I ran out of time to write my blog! Instead, I’m sharing a quick tip I saw in one of the Facebook groups I belong to. Unfortunately I forgot to make a note of the person who gave this tip! (If you know who it is,  please let me know so I can give her credit – thanks). 
Blue (Pool Party) Washi Tape – 3D Embossing Folder
The crafter concerned is a demo who runs classes, and she finds there’s a lot of confusion with her attendees as to what “sandwich” they should use when using her Embossing Folders (EF) in her Big Shot! The problem is that we now have three kinds of EF, i.e. regular Textured Impression Embossing Folder (TEIF) (sandwich needed is Big Shot Platform and two Cutting Mats), Dynamic TEIF (sandwich needed is Big Shot Platform and one Cutting Mat, and 3D Embossing Folder (sandwich needed is Big Shot Platform and blue Stampin’ Up! Embossing Plate).
Yellow Washi Tape – Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
I know which sandwich each type of Embossing Folder needs, but when I reach for the EF I want to use, I need to pull it out of the box they are filed in, together with the product sheet that comes with the EF. I don’t keep them in bags, but I like to leave the product sheet in the box so I know where to file it away again (I keep them filed in alphabetical order). The tip given by the demonstrator is to put some blue Washi Tape on the 3D EF so crafters know to use the blue plate! So simple but genius!
I’ve taken this one step further and have added yellow Washi Tape to my Dynamic TEIF! This means I can now pick out the EF I want to use, look for the Washi Tape, and if it’s Pool Party (I didn’t have blue!) it’s a 3D EF, if it’s yellow, it’s a Dynamic TEIF, and if it doesn’t have any Washi Tape, it’s a regular TEIF, or I’ve forgotten to label it! LOL! Seriously, for me, it’s a great idea and it works really well! If you’re getting confused, you might find this tip helpful. too!
That’s it from me today. I hope you have a fabulous week. I look forward to being back with you tomorrow, and in the meantime, happy crafting.
JanB. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment