Tuesday 12 February 2019

Kindness from Stampin' Up! community in our times of need here in Townsville and my plan to assist others.

We are aware of the record breaking flooding happening in Queensland and the impact it is having on members of the Stampin’ Up! family. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you. When you are ready, we are here and ready to help get you what you need in order to get your business up and running again. If you, or anyone you know, have suffered a loss of business materials, please reach out to Demonstrators Support. 
Guys, this arrived in an email today from the Stampin' Up! community. I am soo touched that they are thinking of us and our troubles.

This is my response to them,

Hi guys,I received a lovey email today stating that if needed we could seek some support for those of us that were affected by the floods.  
This is a lovely gesture from Stampin' Up! and we really appreciate it. I have informed my down-lines so they can individually let you know if they require some support.

Whilst I personally didn't get flooded, my home had water in the ceiling and due to being evacuated and home closed for 3 days with no power as well, I have a home covered in mold. 
The impact of this flooding event has meant that I have had to cancel my Open House for Occasions and Sale a Bration Catalogues that I hold every year and it is usually a very good earner for me.This is despite me purchasing most of the products to use for this Open House and classes etc. I have not been able to craft throughout the Event either due to the high humidity and since from the cleaning etc so have not much time to celebrate or use items purchased for the Occasions and SAB catties. And to date some items that I have multiples of such as the ribbon are no longer available, 

Anyway I am not asking for assistance for myself in this trying time, but I wish to open my home to those affected from the floods starting next week, I am posting on local media sites and groups for anyone who would like to come and have coffee and a make a card totally for free with no strings attached other than have a well earned break and enjoy crafting with me. I also plan to offer those who come a package of craft items from my retired stash to get them started. So if Stampin' Up! would like to support this in some way I would be happy to accept some assistance and will post pictures etc of those you take up my offer. I plan to continue this offer for the month of February and maybe into March if needed or supported by the locals.  I have not written my add as yet but will include Stampin' Up! support of course.

Appreciate any assistance for the craft community here in Townsville,
thanks

I am getting on top of the mold but will have been told to leave my ceilings to do there worst till Townsville dries out and then the painter will kill the mold and paint the ceilings in all but the bathrooms and laundry. (not looking forward to the bill). On the whole we got off lightly and we are grateful for this I can tell you.

As soon as I hear back from Stampin' Up! I will post my Open house for coffee and craft for FREE for anyone affected by the flood and hope I am taken up on this offer. I took down my add promoting my retired stamps and dies Sale as it was only for the local community and they don't need this at this trying times.  I will put them on the Australian retired SU products site soon, just not ready for many trips to the post office etc due to my back pain playing up from cleaning etc.  

So if you know someone who was affected by the floods, even mentally affected if not flood impacted, please pass on my thoughts and offer them to come to Coffee and Make a card for free with me.  I will be OPEN as of Monday 18th February from 10am to 4pm each day.
they can contact me:
email: rpgmillican@gmail.com
ph  47791342 
mobile  0400031235

As the impact is affecting us all, my home is OPEN to all crafters who would like a break and have a cuppa and a chat whilst making a card or scrap page for FREE. 

Of course I can only have a small number at any given time so it would be good to have prior notice via email or phone, but that is not mandatory,just drop is also acceptable if they do not have access to the net or phones due to loss in the flood. 

So please pass this on to anyone who you know would enjoy this experience to make their lives a little happier in times of sever stress. 
cheers,
look forward to meeting you,
Raye



No comments:

Post a Comment