Sunday 4 June 2017

having an issue with bubbling ink on some of our new ink pads (hear is a solution/s)

Hi guys I have another question. Are any of you having a problem with your new (lemon lime twist which I'm using) stamp pad bubbling up on a wood mount stamp. And if you are how do you get rid of it? Do you notice how it's bubbling and not stamping complete.
the first answer is my fav:
Stacey Lisk here's what I shared to my customers:
TIP: Head to local resale shop, $1 store or big box discount store and pick up a few cheap spoons to keep in your craft room. The new ink pads store ink differently than the old. Bubbles just means the ink needs
 to be pushed back into the pad and the back of a spoon (like you're frosting a cake) will do the trick! Use the same spreading technique with reinker drops when it's time to add ink to a dry ink pad! I suggest a few spoons because sometimes you want to do a few before having to get up to clean or grab a baby wipe! 


Jo Peters Blot off with paper then when stamping go lightly...will get better with time..it's just too juicy

Reply
1
4 hrs
Remove
Susanne Netz Just run a bone folder across it and push the ink back down. If that doesn't work, take the pad straight down on some printer paper a couple of times. Removes excess ink in a hurry.

Reply
2
4 hrs
Remove
Amanda Walker I find stamping tap tap really really hard and fast helps with photopolymer stamps and new ink pads. I guess, in a way, that helps to push the excess ink down into the pad
Janet Oberg I stamp the ink pad onto folded paper towels twice in order to pull ink off the pad. My upline Debbie Dutchess taught me this trick and it has made a world of difference!

Reply
1
1 hr
Remove
Susan Lewis Byington Too much ink on the pad makes the bubbly appearance. Soak some up with paper pressed to the pad a few times.

Reply1 hrEdited
Remove
Christine Tyrrell Mine did the same thing. I found stamping with clear versa mark ink and then the lemon lime twist I got much better results.

Reply1 hr
Remove
Wendy Reed I push the ink up towards the back of the pad, it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment